Popular Posts

My Blog List

Powered By Blogger

"My Spiritual Journey"

"My Spiritual Journey"

Search This Blog

Pages

Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"THE GREATEST GIFT!"














"The Greatest Gift"


The Greatest Gift
Why do we need salvation? Isn't being a "good" person enough?

No, every one of has sinned in the sight of God.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
Romans 3:20 KJV

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
Romans 3:23 KJV

Because of our sin, we deserve death, eternal punishment, the wrath of God. But, because He loves us, God has provided a means to have eternal life with Him. That means is the Lord Jesus Christ.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16 KJV

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:36 KJV

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8,9 KJV

You must receive Him. Nobody is born into salvation. Nobody deserves it.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:9-13 KJV

You must call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, believeing on Him, in His sacrifice for YOUR sins.
If you want to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray something like this simple prayer and receive the Greatest Gift.


Jesus,
I don't want to live in sin any longer. Thank You for taking the penalty for my sin and dying on the cross for me to give me Your righteous standing with God. I want You in my life; please, forgive my sins and come live in my heart.

Father,
Thank You for Your gift of eternal life through the blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ. I believe that He took my sin upon Himself, He died for me on the cross and was raised from the dead to sit at Your right hand. I come to You just as I am with all my faults and failings, a sinner against You and others. There is nothing I can do to earn a right relationship with You. I ask you to forgive me and wash me clean with the blood of Jesus.
I pray in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment