Popular Posts

My Blog List

Powered By Blogger

"My Spiritual Journey"

"My Spiritual Journey"

Search This Blog

Pages

Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sweet As Honey...Belly Was Bitter...What Does This Mean...

 Sweet As Honey...Belly Was Bitter...What Does This Mean...


 Revelation 10:10
8And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
 9And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
 10And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
 11And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

 Under the seventh trumpet, all antichristian powers are to be destroyed and there will be a glorious state of Christ's kingdom upon earth.

Most men feel pleasure in looking into future events, and all good men like to receive a word from God. But when this book of prophecy was thoroughly digested by the apostle, the contents would be bitter; there were things so awful and terrible, such grievous persecutions of the people of God, such desolations in the earth, that the foresight and foreknowledge of them would be painful to his mind. Let us seek to be taught by Christ, and to obey his orders; daily meditating on his
word, that it may nourish our souls; and then declaring it according to our several stations. The sweetness of such contemplations will often be mingled with bitterness, while we compare the Scriptures with the state of the world and the church, or even with that of our own hearts.


Matthew 4:4 (King James Version)4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.


The Lord Says To Study Everyday To Nourish Our Souls...
Grace, Peace, Love And Joy In Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment